Saturday, August 25, 2007

Curtains and Consignments

This week we had a huge consignment sale for baby stuff at the fair grounds. My sis-in-law and I went about an hour after they opened on the first day and the place was already hopping. We got some good deals on a pack-n-play and booster seat for my parents house when the grandkids are over. And we also found some cutie clothes for Shiloh. Here are a few of the things we got for only $3-$5




I also got a cute little blanket that I won in a drawing (thanks sig!). It's from burpittyburp.com and has her name embroidered on it.

We decided to go visit Shiloh in October. I have been looking to see what I already have to take with me, and what I would need to buy. I am trying to decide whether to take this blanket with us to leave for her, so she would have something with our smell on it. The only thing is that she is in a hogar, not a foster home, and I'm not sure if they would leave the blanket with her, or whether we would get it back when we went to pick her up.

I have also finished the curtains in her nursery. I have had mixed reviews on them, so I wanted you guys to give me your opinions on them, whether you liked them, or if you didn't, what about them are you not that crazy about. Let me know. And I won't be offended if you hate them. I will warn you that the coloring in the picture isn't quite right as far as the colors of the room. For example, the red stripe you see in the picture isn't really red in real life. It is more of a magenta. Our camera isn't the best with coloring these days.

I'm almost done with the nursery. I will put up more pics when I get it finished. I have been feeling a bit weary about the whole adoption thing this week. I think getting to the point where hopefully things should be happening and moving, but they also may not, is starting to stress me out. I have been praying about it a lot this week, and have been feeling better about it all today, but I am definitely ready for this whole experience to be over and for my baby to be home. I just don't know how much more of this stuff I can take before being shipped off to the loony bin!

5 comments:

Tara said...

jenn, you know i love curtains. theyre super cute. i wish i could have gone to the consignment sale!! oh wait, i was bust wrecking a car...dun dun dun.

Drew said...

I thought you had already been shipped off to the loony bin! No?

JUST KIDDING!

I like the curtains a little more now that I am in boston, to be honest. I don't know what that means, but it is the truth. I love all the little clothes though! Shiloh is going to be like your own little barbie

Kim said...

jennifluer, i love the little blankie! i just had and idea. what if you sew on a little tag that says her guatamalan name, your address, and perhaps please keep with child in spanish? then you could just take it off when she got back. i think that might be too crazy, but maybe it's not.

jenna wore her little pink and black dress to the bridal shower yesterday and everyone loved it.

also, my mom, k'lee, and ronnie love jenna's dress. they can't believe that we actually made it. well... you made it, i barely helped. never the less, we have achieved the desired result.. adoration.

Courtney said...

Jennifer, I sent that same blanket to Stella. I love the idea Kim had. Do you know the dates you will be visitng ? Is it Oct 3- 8 ???? If so, that is when we are there. Nursery looks great. Courtney

Melissa said...

Sunbeam has that same tag blanket! I took it on the visit trip, and she loved it! Because she loved it, I decided to leave it for her. I asked the foster mom to give it back when I pick her up, so hopefully she will. If not, I will just order another one. Hopefully if you label it like suggested, Shiloh will keep and enjoy it.