Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I am now 6 1/2 months along and the pregnancy has been going great so far! I am starting to feel the exhaustion a bit more, but other than that I've been doing pretty good. The little guy has been kicking a ton! We have been talking to Shiloh about it a lot, but the other day she got to feel and see him moving for the first time, and I think it has helped her understand a little bit more. She is talking about the baby in mommy's belly a lot lately, and sometimes she will just come up and put her hand on my belly to feel it. So cute!
We are in the midst of potty training, and so far she has been doing great! I'm still not brave enough to take her out of the house without a diaper, but we are getting there! Next step, moving to a toddler bed.
Monday, June 8, 2009
I have started to feel our little guy moving a lot more, and this morning Filipe even felt him kick on the outside! It is so fun to know he is growing and it is all making it feel more real to me! We are more than half way there! I think we finally made a decision about a name, but I'm not sure if we are going to put it on our blogs yet. It just feels a little weird putting it out there on the internet. We'll see.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
A year ago we were visiting Shiloh,
our long awaited girl,
for the second time,
but this time...
to be with her forever.
It was a moment to remember,
knowing that the waiting was over,
that she would never be far,
but in our arms forever;
and knowing that that now
we would have all the time in the world
to be with her,
to know her,
and to love her.
Today, 1 year later,
there are so many memories,
and the bond between the 3 of us is so big,
that its hard to believe
that its only been 1 year.
I am so in love with this little girl!
and all I can say is
God is so good!
Friday, May 15, 2009
The pregnancy is going well. I am 17 weeks along now. I never had to deal with morning sickness, thank goodness, though I am still waiting for some of that energy to come back, like everyone says it does in the second trimester. We will hopefully be finding out if it is a boy or a girl in the next few weeks! We still don't have a name, but at this point we have kind of given up until we know the sex. It was so much easier with Shiloh, knowing we only had to come up with a girl name!
We are headed to Boston at the end of the month to see my brother graduate from Harvard! We are looking forward to getting some time off and having some fun! If anyone has any recomendations of things to see in Boston, let me know!
Friday, April 10, 2009
One year ago today we found out that we were finally out of PGN (one of the last, long, BIG hurdles to bringing Shiloh home). I can still feel the relief and flood of emotions when I remember back to it. It was probably one of my best days ever.
Needless to say, April 10th holds a special place in my heart! It amazes me that it was only a year ago that we were going through all of this! God has so fully healed our hearts and made us into a family that sometimes it is hard to remember the pain and the waiting, almost like I am living another life. Shiloh is so completely a part of us that it is hard to remember a time when she wasn't here.
I am so blessed and thankful that I get to see this beautiful, smiling face everyday! God has truly blessed our lives!
Monday, March 30, 2009
We had a great time, but one thing I have learned is that 2 year old parties are CRAZY!!! We all had fun eating, talking and opening presents, but by the time the end came, everyone was way over-stimulated.
...although we got about 10 that looked more like this.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
We are going to Hawaii this week! I will be sure to post pictures when I get back, and maybe even some news about something crazy that is going on with us. Hope you guys have a great week!!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Shiloh is growing like a weed! She is such a happy girl! She is always singing and babbling. Filipe and I are constantly marveling over her, amazed by how wonderful she is and by how much we love her!
This girl is going to be a girly girl. Right now she is all about the clothes. She could spend hours just putting her socks on and taking them off again. Whenever she finds a stray shirt or pants, she instantly pulls them on. It's really cute.
She is picking up new words every day. Her sentences are still mostly gibberish to Filipe and I, though that doesn't stop her from telling us all kinds of things (we just don't really understand them), but sometimes she will say something clear as day and Filipe and I will look at each other and ask "Where did she learn that?" She loves grabbing her stroller or backpack and telling us "bye bye" as she leaves the room or walks down the hall. Yesterday, she grabbed the stroller and said, "See ya." Filipe and I both cracked up. It is amazing what kids pick up on!
Also, this is so cute! Blushing Buttercream Pettiskirt GIVEAWAY!!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The Bold are things I've done; italicized are things I'd like to do. Those with no gusto about them are just not my gig! But as you’ll see, most things are my gig :)
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii - this will be bold in just two months!!!!
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - I know, it's strange, but I really don't want to go on a cruise. I don't like
the idea of not being able to see land.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors -some of them
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - I don't know if I taught myself, but I do know
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted - I've had it drawn, if that counts
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - having lived in Europe, you would have thought I would
have done more of these things.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Snorkeling, and I NEVER want to do that again. i
don't think I've ever thrown up so much
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - do home movies count?
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - I'm a little closer than I was a year ago.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - eww
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - while this isn't something I want to do, per say (since it would mean
that someone else would have to be in a life or death situation)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Friday, January 16, 2009
Last night we watched Mamma Mia!. Well, I wanted to watch it and he agreed, without even a complaint. I had so much fun curled up next to him with a fire going in the fireplace, singing along to this cheesy movie. I wonder how many chick flicks Filipe has happily watched with me over the years, even though I am sure he would have prefered an action movie.
This week I really needed some time to myself, and when I asked him if he would mind staying with Shiloh for an hour or two while I went to Barnes and Noble to read, his responce was, "Sure. You know you can go and get time to yourself whenever you want it."
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I am so excited to see what God brings our way in the year to come! I am hoping to lose more weight and find someone to publish that book, I am hoping to do more traveling (Hawaii in March!!!) and spend some good time with our family!