Friday, January 16, 2009

Best husband ever!

I can't begin to tell you how often I feel like the luckiest girl in the world because I have Filipe for a husband! He is so caring and giving and just a really nice guy! He loves to make me happy and to play with Shiloh and make her laugh.

Last night we watched Mamma Mia!. Well, I wanted to watch it and he agreed, without even a complaint. I had so much fun curled up next to him with a fire going in the fireplace, singing along to this cheesy movie. I wonder how many chick flicks Filipe has happily watched with me over the years, even though I am sure he would have prefered an action movie.


He also read Twilight with me just because he wanted to see what I loved about it so much. He only rolled his eyes a few times and afterwards went with me to see the movie.

This week I really needed some time to myself, and when I asked him if he would mind staying with Shiloh for an hour or two while I went to Barnes and Noble to read, his responce was, "Sure. You know you can go and get time to yourself whenever you want it."
These things are really just a few of the many sweet things he does for me and just some of the smaller reasons why I love him so much.
Filipe, I love you honey! Thanks for being such an amazing man. I can only pray that Shiloh finds a husband as wonderful as you one day!
For the rest of you reading this... leave a comment telling why your significant other is so wonderful.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Your hubby sounds so wonderful!

I feel so lucky, too! For example, I have been catching every sicky bug since Eli went to daycare and my hubby always takes such good care of me! He gets me soup, makes sure I have enough blankets, goes out in the wee hours to get medicine, and never complains.

Ryan Woods said...

I've always felt the same way about filipe.

Courtney said...

love the new blog...I feel like mine needs a complete make over too. You have a good hubby.

Heidi said...

You are lucky! My hubby lasted through the first song in Mamma Mia then told me sorry he couldn't handle it!

MajesticSix said...

Ahhh...what an AWESOME guy! And yes, you are very fortunate because there aren't a lot of guys out there that would "willingly" do all those things. And he is just as blessed with a wife that appreciates him.

You two make a great couple. Shiloh is very lucky.

alfacinha said...

Filipe must have taken notes from his older brother. Or maybe it runs in the blood. Joao is great! Watches any movie with me, steps in to help out all the time without being asked and is a terrific dad!

vobeunanet said...

Que esta conversa nao saia de entre nos as duas....!
Eu sei que tens a teu lado um homem espectacular. Inteligente, terno, diplomata, senhor de imensas qualidades com que Deus o dotou à nascença. Eu desejei mais um filho e Deus me deu a honra de o gerar, criar e dar-te como prenda de casamento. Mudou de mao, apenas, pois em teus braços ele encontrou a mulher dos seus sonhos, a amiga, a Mae de sua filha, a dona da sua casa e do seu coraçao. E por saber que o amas tambem e que o fazes feliz, eu te deixo aqui o meu obrigado, pois quem meus filhos beija, minha boca adoça!
A felicidade de cada um dos meus filhos mantem-me viva e feliz tambem.
Eternamente grata
Isabel
(P.S.: Mas aqui para nos, eu sei que meus filhos nao sao meus, a Deus pertencem e às meninas que os levaram, mas eu dei Vida aos melhores filhos do Mundo!!!!!!!)