Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009!!!


What an amazing year it has been! All day yesterday, as I thought back to what had happened in 2008, I couldn't help but be filled with emotion at the ways we have been blessed!

Being able to have Shiloh home, under our roof for the New Year was so touching. I have also been blessed with the most amazing, loving, supporting husband ever (although that is something I get every year, not just this past one.)

I actually lost some weight this past year. I have struggled with my weight for many years, so it is always something I plan on when thinking about the year to come, "This year I am going to lose weight." It was really nice to reach the end of the year and know that I actually did lose weight this year!

I also achieved something I have been wanting to do for a long, long time - I wrote a book this year. I just finished it, so I haven't started to try to get it published or anything like that, but even if it never gets published, I still feel like I have achieved a huge life goal!


We have spent time with family and friends from the other side of the world and gotten to take a lot of great trips. Though 2008 started miserably, it turned out to be an incredible year!

I am so excited to see what God brings our way in the year to come! I am hoping to lose more weight and find someone to publish that book, I am hoping to do more traveling (Hawaii in March!!!) and spend some good time with our family!


Happy 2009!!! May God bring so many blessings to all of your lives this year!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy New Year! 2008 was sure a rough and wonderful year for both of us. I hope that your book gets published and I am with you on hoping to lose some weight this year. I no longer have the adoption process to blame for my weight! LOL!

Courtney said...

WOW.......Congrats on all your acheivements. You will get that book published........you have too. What is the book about ? Congrats on your weight loss, I too am trying so hard to lose weight. We are so lucky and blessed. Happy New Year. Here is to a wonderful 2009 !!!!!!!

Kim said...

just stopped by to say, feelin' ya jenn 1-0-1