Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Office

"It feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears... and at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer... and then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone" Michael Scott, The Office

OK, so maybe it hasn't been quite that bad. My brother forced Filipe and I to watch a few episodes of The Office on Christmas Eve, and we have been hooked ever since. Last Wednesday Filipe took the day off to be with me and to run around fixing the issue with our paperwork. When we got home we were emotionally spent and just wanted to veg out in front of the TV, so we spent the afternoon watching The Office. In spite of our depression, we were rolling on the floor laughing. Lately, whenever I am feeling bummed out, I just watch an episode and I walk away with a smile on my face. I really think this show is going to keep me sane through these last few months of torture. If you haven't seen it yet, you really should rent it!

I am still pretty bummed out about the whole thing, but doing better than I was. Thank you so much for all of the prayers, comments and support! It has really been so deeply touching! One day I will be able to tell Shiloh how much people from all over the place cared about her and prayed for her. Thank you!

13 comments:

Timbra said...

hey jenn. . . so, yeah, the office rocks, we got two seasons for christmas, well, mike did, and he was totally jazzed, but we just finished smallville season 6 and i have to watch lost season 3 (unlikely i'll get all 17 hours in before the premier tomorrow night) and THEN we can start watching the office. . . anyway, the griddle. so we buy uncooked tortillas, so it's awesome for those, bacon, eggs, i guess since i make alani and i either breakfast burritos or quesadillas like every day (i feel guilty if i feed her a tortilla with eggs and cheese for breakfast and then a tortilla with cheese for lunch so i usually do one or the other on any given day) anyway, since that's like our staple around here. . . we use it a ton! grilled cheese. . .um, french toast. we don't have a microwave, so just reheating stuff too. . . . we think of shiloh often and have some real prayer warriors in our congregation who i know pray for her often too. . . love you guys!

Kim said...

just wanted you to know that you got us started watching the office. i thought that would make your heart happy. i guess now when we get together and you guys start going on and on about the office, andre and i's eyes wont glass over and we won't fall into a temporary coma. although you are still way ahead of us.

aubreyannie said...

i just dropped your Christmas card in the mail...*hanging my head in shame and embarassment* so i hope you get it soon. we love the office and are missing it terribly. we have the first three seasons on dvd and then watch season four online. they've been lent out to people for so long that we just got them back and are watching them. again. for like the third or fourth time. i'm glad it's able to cheer you up during this hard time. hang in there, guys!

Gail said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better. You do have a right to be bummed. Hope things get moving for you again soo.
Gail

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! My husband and I are addicted to The Office!! It has been the perfect antidote for our baby blues as well. Laughter can be just what the doctor ordered.

Unknown said...

I love The Office too--but sometimes I cringe and hide my eyes because I'm so embarrassed for the characters (who don't have the sense fo be embarrassed for themselves).

The women in our Ladies Bible Study class prayed for your family and for the adoption/government situation in Guatemala today. Three of them are adoptive parents and I know they will be praying for you daily. So will I.

Anonymous said...

"There's nothing better to help someone through tough times than watching the office"
- God

Jocelyn said...

I am glad you have found an outlet to help you laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. I am definitely praying for you and Shiloh. May she come home very soon.

Jennifer said...

Jennifer -
We are praying for you. Shiloh is a sweet and precious baby girl... and we are praying for smooth sailing from here on out!

Kristin said...

We're praying for you guys...and that God works a marvelous miracle for sweet Shiloh.

Love and hugs,
Kristin

Courtney said...

i have never watched that show. maybe i should start. praying for you guys. courtney

Krystal said...

Sorry to pressure - but where are you? I know that you have pics of that baby girl you could post :)

Nikki said...

Hi there! Just trying to spread the word that the charity of the month for Blogs for a Cause is Mayan Families! Please visit
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com
if you're interested in a blog design!
Thanks :)
Nikki