Sunday, January 6, 2008

Retail Therapy

These last few days have had a lot of ups and downs for me, and I am sure that will continue for many days to come. I am really working on not worrying and letting these problems in Guatemala go, but there are times when that is easier said than done. I have had little pieces of encouragement this weekend and times of truly being ok with everything.

Every time problems or delays come up in the process, I get the urge to do something or buy something for Shiloh. I think it is a subconscious way of me rebelling against the problems, like saying, "Oh yeah, well I still believe she will be home and just to show you, I am going to go out and buy something for her, because I know she will get to use it soon, so take that!" Kind of like my own stubborn show of faith. Well, today was no exception.

We went to Babies R US and finally bought a baby monitor. It has been one of the only big things that we have been missing. We also bought the warranty for when it falls apart (as all monitors seem to, according to the reviews).


I also got some bottles. This was my big "stick it to you" purchase. I had taken all of my bottles and sippy cups back a few months ago because I had done some reading about bisephenol in some plastics, but once I had returned them I was hesitant to buy new ones because I started thinking, what if it takes too long for her to come home and by the time we get her, she doesn't even use bottles anymore. Well, I am having faith that she will be home and will still need bottles. The great thing about these bottles, besides the fact that they don't have the bisephenol in them is that when it is time to move into sippy cups, you can replace the bottle nipples with silicone sippy nipples and they become the sippy cup without having to buy a totally different cup.

Now I just need my little girl home to use all of this stuff! The latest that I have heard about PGN (though my agency warns me that it could change every day) is that the cases that are currently in PGN are still being processed and approved, but if the case has not yet been submitted into PGN or if it gets a previo and is kicked out, then it can't be submitted again until it is registered with the Central Authority. We have been in PGN for 3 1/2 weeks now. I know that it is very normal for cases to be kicked out, but I am desperately praying that we will be one of the rare cases that goes through quickly without getting kicked out. Please continue to pray for us and Shiloh, and all the other families who are having to deal with all of this too! I know that God is faithful, and truly believe that if he has moved to grandfather the in process cases into the new laws, that he will also work this out too!

13 comments:

aubreyannie said...

i think i would do the same thing if i were you. i would get the nursery ready and buy things. those bottles look great. they are similar to what we used with our kids in that they turn from bottle to sippy cup with a simple insert. i'm praying for you guys!

veggiemom said...

Fingers are crossed that you're out of PGN in a good way very soon!
Kerri and Ruby

Jocelyn said...

I am with you on the rebel buying stuff:-) Hang in there, I know Shiloh will be home soon!!

Whitney said...

Praying for you!!!

Tara said...

Jenn, i like that you said, "nipple" many many times in this post. That's just funny.

Jenn said...

Tara, I have to admit that I thought of you when I wrote it because I knew you would get a kick out of it.

Candy said...

Girl I was going to do some SHOPPING MY WORRIES AWAY TODAY...but got sick....so Tomorrow I am babies r us Bound...girl you need to come up to T town some time. Hugs

Bobbi said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I hope your stay in PGN is short and easy!

Retail therapy is always the best therapy.

Drew said...

I'm all about retail therapy...for anything really... woops, stubbed my toe, nead new shoes...dang it, out of gas...need a new car!

it works!

Gail said...

Good job keeping the faith. That's what we all have to do. I am just a few days ahead of you entering PGN so let's keep it together.
Gail

Stacie said...

There is just something about retail therapy that like a band-aid to the soul. It always made me feel closer to Allie if I could feel like I was doing something for her.

We have that same monitor and it has worked great for us!

We are praying for little Shiloh and your case. We serve a MIGHTY God and it is COMPLETELY POSSIBLE for her case to fly right through PGN with NO KICKOUTS! That is what I am believing!

Hope you have a super great day!
Stacie

Sig said...

Yup, that sounds right, I used to buy like crazy LOL
And yes, my agency told us the same hting so you are safe. You are NOT getting a previo, say it with me. Visualize. Believe it.
Enough bumps for you!!!!
I can't wait for good news!

Courtney said...

hope your doing well. hang in there. good news will happen soon. courtney