Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baby Stuff

So I was going to post some pictures of our bedding, but I guess that will have to wait because I'm not really sure where my camera is. So, anyway, I was looking around the other day at all the baby stuff we have and trying to figure out what we still needed so we could buy one a month rather than all at once, and I realized aside from a monitor and a sling, we basically have all the baby gear we need. In one sense it is exciting because we are achieving the goal and don't have a lot of big money left to spend. On the other hand I have realized that every so often I feel the need to buy something for the baby. I think it makes it all feel a little more real and close for me, plus all the baby stuff is so fun and cute it's hard to resist! I promised myself I was going to wait to buy any more clothes until right before she came so we wouldn't end up with a bunch of things that would never fit her (we have quite a few of those right now). So I find myself wondering whether I am going to be able to control my urges to buy stuff when that moment hits that I feel like I need to get something for her, or are we going to end up with a room and closet filled with way more stuff than we actually need, which is Filipe's fear. The funny thing is that I'm usually not a shopper, I'm usually more the saver. The good news is that I do still have painting and stuff to do in her room, so hopefully that will hold me over for a while. The other good news is that we got approval for the DNA, so hopefully we will be moving along a bit here. Our agency said the lawyer is preparing her updates and taking pictures, so hopefully we will have some new info and pics to share soon! I just read those last two sentences and realized I said hopefully about 100 times. I guess that is where we are right now, hoping and waiting and praying.

9 comments:

Tara said...

dont worry jenn, good post.
i like that little pic of shiloh at 2 weeks...hehee that girl cracks me up...im really gonna like her. even love her perhaps...yes love.

Tara said...

p.s. nice high chair!! you have such hip, cool stylish highchair taste!

Jenn said...

Thanks Tar, I know my highchair is the coolest... at least I think it is. I guess we'll see when it comes in and I can see it in person.

Drew said...

that is a hip-hop very high chair!

Jenn said...

Andrew, I am really not sure what that means, but I hope it is a good thing.

rgarrett said...

Filipe & Jen,

We could not be happier for you! Little girls are such blessings! Shiloh's hair is too cute...Amelia's stood up like that too :) Don't you love it when God has a sense of humor? You are in our daily prayers! Love & Miss you SO much!

Jason & Becca

Drew said...

jen, we are so lucky! becca wrote on both our blogs!

Amy said...

Hey there...yes yes, I do remember meeting you indeed. We met at Covenant class...I stopped going shortly after.:) Anyway, thanks for the comment on the blog...Your little Shiloh (love the name) is so sweet! Really, she is cuteness all over. Can't wait for you guys to get her in your arms!
PS I am currently waiting for a call from a lady in Edmond who has adopted from Guatemala too. She is calling to tell me about the multicultural families group that they are involved in...I will let you know about it too when I know!

Amy said...

I keep up with a couple in the process of adopting from Guatemala..they live in Ada or Purcell, I don't know somewhere. They have a blog, but I don't want to post the address here because she doesn't want it all advertised to everyone...It isn't a private blog though. anyway, email me and I will send you a link to her blog.
amyde63@hotmail.com
I bet she would also love to connect with your story....