Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Ice Baby


We have had a really mild fall and winter. It has been in the high 60's for about a month now. I love the cold, the snow and the frosty wintry weather, so I have been a little sad. It's been Christmassy inside, but not so much outside. Well, things changed this weekend. The temperature has dropped to 25 degrees and we have had a constant flow of freezing rain. This morning we woke up to an icy winter wonderland. I know it hasn't been good for the people who have to still go to work in the ice or for the many people who are without power right now because of falling tree limbs and power lines, but for me... my husband is home with me on this Monday morning. We are sitting in front of our Christmas tree in our pj's watching Elf. Perfect!

Even the grass is coated in ice


Warm and toasty inside!!!

11 comments:

Jodie said...

so beautiful! I love cold weather...we get it for about a week here. LOL Right now it feels like it's about 80 degrees & the ac is running non stop :( Love the pictures!

Timbra said...

seriously, if you want it that badly, take my snow!!!!!! it snowed fri-sun here! i'll mail you some :)

Drew said...

its like 14 degrees here but it looks a lot colder there! berr!

Laurie said...

Shiloh is beautiful! Hoping your journey is quick! I'm in Arkansas and wish we would get some of that cold weather.

aubreyannie said...

hee hee. i got cold looking at all those pictures and then the last one of you two toasty and warm made me smile. i love the movie elf, too. i'm glad you are safe and not having to drive on the roads!

Drew said...

i love the new festive header!

LouLou said...

Praying for that sweet girlie of yours!

Courtney said...

ice ice baby is right.... i love your new blog header.... you should go into business. love it. courtney

Jennifer said...

Jennifer -
I have been dying to know who the precious little baby with the head of hair is that I fell in love with when we were in Guatemala!

SO GLAD to know where she is going and that I can keep up with her!!!

Email me sometime...I'd love to chat with you!
JennSchu@aol.com

Telissa said...

praying for a quick jump to PGN! hang in there and keep warm! she is so precious and waiting to come home... (i'm friends of nat...and so thankful i got to peek into your thoughts with Shiloh!)

Whitney said...

You all are so cute! Praying for a speedy trip home for Shiloh