Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bad news

It has not been a good week, and just when I was starting to feel a little bit better we started getting bad news from Guatemala. The Central Authority is not registering any cases due to various reasons, the result being that things may be delayed until the cases can no longer be grandfathered into the new laws. You can read about it here at the ADA website.

I really don't know what to do. Just when I think that I can truly not handle another problem, another thing comes up. I am just feeling so discouraged, frustrated and tired! We are still not back in PGN, and apparently we won't be until we can be registered with the CA, which isn't registering anyone. Please, please be praying for us, Shiloh and all the other families going through this!!! Please pray that something will happen to make these cases move forward quickly and easily and that God will have favor on all of us and bring our children home!

15 comments:

veggiemom said...

I'm so sorry!
Thinking of you...
Kerri and Ruby

aubreyannie said...

oh no! i'm so sorry for this news! i will definitely be praying and thinking of you three. i'm sorry!

meredith said...

i cannot believe this! praying for you every day, friend.

Unknown said...

I am so, so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say. I'll keep on praying for God to do something spectacular. And for Him to hold you close while you wait for His answer.

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry to read this. I will be thinking of you all.

Tara said...

Rediculous.
There is nothing more to say.
Rediculous.

Gail said...

I am praying for your case and all those stuck being unregistered. Praying is the best we can do.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Eu ainda espero um milagre!
Um abraço, muita força.
Vo Beu

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and your sweet Shiloh!!!

Hugs, Carrie

Anonymous said...

ugh, I seriously don't understand why this is happening! It makes me so mad at everyone. I know its not good to be upset with God but I am frustrated with Him right now...I told Him so this morning.

Courtney said...

oh no......so sorry to hear about this. hang in there and we are praying for you. courtney

Amanda said...

I don't know that this piece of info is correct because I was just looking at Chris and Lindsey Wheeler's blog and they just got word that Eliana has been approved by Central Authority!!! I pray that you guys get this same kind of news soon.
I believe that God has called you to taking care of this sweet little one just as He has called all of us to take care of the orphans and widows!!! I am praying for you guys!!!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and also live in Oklahoma and have two children adopted from Guatemala. Sorry you are not OUT yet. Hope you have good news soon. If you'd like to chat you can write me at
ma_cannon@hotmail.com

Mary Ann

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I'm praying for all of you!

vobeunanet said...

Convosco e Shiloh no meu pensamento, eu oro com toda a Fé, para que Deus ilumine o coraçao de quem vai decidir o destino da nossa menina.
Um xi-coraçao
Mama