Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First Birthday Party

We survived the first birthday without Shiloh being home. It was actually really good. Even though she wasn't here, we still wanted to celebrate her birth and her life, so we had our family over and had a little birthday party. We went to see Horton Hears A Who and then came back to our house for a barbeque. Shiloh got lots of great presents. Cute dresses, an adorable bathing suit and great toys to play with when she is home!










A couple days later we got some pictures of our little one year old from Jenn who is down in Guatemala picking up her daughter Sara and Jane who is down visiting her boys. Jenn was so sweet to take down a mini version of the rag doll I had made, sing to her and cuddle with her. It was so sweet and touching! It is good to see that she is still a bit of a cuddle bug! I miss her so much and can't wait to get her in my arms!






I called PGN yesterday and we are still with the second reviewer. Hopefully we will get some good news soon!

14 comments:

Kelly T said...

Wow, prayers, prayers, prayers. My eyes well with tears as I look at your beautiful girl and think of the heartbreak of having to miss this special time. You two are AMAZING in your constant faith and we appreciate your tenacity and example so much. More prayers will be sent up from the Tysons!

Drew said...

it was such a good birthday! When she is older we'll tell her about it and she'll think she was there!

Unknown said...

I love that your family had a birthday party for Shiloh--what a great way to spend the day! And next year, you'll be celebrating WITH her!

We got my little boy, Bennett, the yellow animal pop-up toy (right side of one of the pics) for his birthday! Now he and Shiloh have something besides their cuteness in common!

I realized when I read the first post above that we know someone in common besides Tara--my brother Ty and I have known Ben Tyson and his siser Jenn for a good ten years, maybe more. It's a small world!

veggiemom said...

I'm glad you had a good day. Love the new pics of Shiloh and her doll. And darn that 2nd reviewer! Thinking happy PGN out thoughts for you.
Hope you guys are going to the Ethiopian restaurant on the 8th so we can see you again.
Kerri and Ruby

Jocelyn said...

I love the new pics and that you had a birthday party for her anyways. She will cherish those pictures when she is older!!

Kim said...

Jennifer you are so strong! That is a wonderful idea with the birthday party. I might have to steal your idea as I now don't think Kate will be home by the time she is a year old. Wonderful new pictures! She will be home soon!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

She is so adorable!! It won't be long and she will be in your arms forever!!

I love that doll!!!

Sharon

vobeunanet said...

Nao estive presente no teu primeiro aniversario, mas tu passaste o dia todo no coraçao da tua vobeu.
Entre os abraços que nos trocamos eu segredei ao teu ouvido:
_Eu te amo!
Vobeu

Heidi said...

WOW, those are amazing pictures of Shiloh. You are fortunate to have such good ones! What a sweet bday party, she will so appreciate that effort when she is older and looks back at the pictures. You have to get that out call soon!

Steph said...

What wonderful b-day gift to you!!! The pics are great. So glad you got to celebrate with family and hoping good news is coming very soon.

Courtney said...

What a beauty.... Happy 1 year Birthday. Glad she was able to have a little party, sorry you were not able to be with her. Thinking and praying for you. Courtney

Jeana said...

Oh I'm so glad she got her doll, I bet she loves it...she's so cute in the pics!!
Hopefully everything will go quickly for you guys!! I know you are very anxious!!

Melissa said...

Shiloh is adorable! I am so happy to hear that her birthday was a good day for you after all. It looks like she had a great party!

demp5 said...

We did not use an agency, so we get no updates. Other than calling PGN, do you all hear anything?
Meghan