Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tucson

We just got back from another weekend in Tucson. Somehow we have been there three times in the last twelve months. This time we went for my cousin, Lauren's (and now my new cousin, Drew's) wedding. It was like a big family reunion! It was so great getting to see the whole family!

Friday night we had a Mexican extravaganza at my grandma's house. The food was as amazing as it can only be at my grandma's. The weather was perfect as we all sat outside under the twinkle lights.



Saturday was the wedding. Everything was so beautiful! Lauren and Drew were so cute during the ceremony as they giggled and stared into each others eyes through the whole thing. The ceremony ended just as the sun was setting over the mountains. During the reception there was a cover band and we all had a blast dancing all night!



On the way home we flew from Tucson to OKC via Atlanta (strange, I know). In Atlanta we got bumped for the night and ended up getting enough in vouchers to pay for more than half of our tickets to Guatemala when we go to pick up Shiloh! It made for a long trip home, but totally worth it. As we were coming off the airplane and walking through the airport, we marveled at the idea that the next time we walked out those doors it would be with our daughter! I can't wait! We haven't heard anything yet about where we are in the process. I am praying to hear we have approval for the DNA in the next couple of weeks!

11 comments:

veggiemom said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Can't wait to see good news on the orange and pink front.
Kerri and Ruby

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on getting vouchers...that helps so much I am sure!! Hoping you hear good news soon!

rgarrett said...

I can't believe Lauren is old enough to get married! Isn't she still like 12 years old? She was a beautiful bride. You all look like you had a great time; I sure miss you all! Great news on Shiloh! I couldn't be happier for you two!

Love you,
Becca

aubreyannie said...

that is awesome that you got those vouchers. how lucky! and it looks like you had a nice time in tucson. your grandma is so beautiful!

Drew said...

SO FUN! I already miss everyone!

Love you sis!

meredith said...

so awesome that you got those vouchers--every bit helps when you're adopting, huh?

can't wait to read some good news about bringing shiloh home!

Heidi said...

How fun! We are not far from Tucson! It looks as though it was a beautiful wedding. Awesome about getting vouchers and I hope you hear good news with Shiloh soon!

Diana said...

Grandma is still so beautiful! Wow, I loved the picture You, your mom and your grandma, I miss your momand I miss you too. Lauren looked so pretty and happy...I am glad you had a good time there.
Great about vouchers! Let´s bring SHILOH home!!!
Love you

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Jennifer! That is so great about the vouchers. Any little bit helps!

Steph said...

How beautiful!!

That is AWESOME about the vouchers!!! I LOVE it!!!! And, I love the image of you walking off the plane with Shiloh.

Come on ORANGE!!

vobeunanet said...

As fotos estao muito bonitas e gostei de rever, caras ja conhecidas do vosso casamento.
Mas sem duvida ficama qui as minha palmas para a tua avo, que acho espectacular e com um esplendor irresistivel. Esta magnifica. Gostava de conviver com ela para me ensinar todos os seus segredos...de tanta beleza junta!
Gostei de ver a familia, estao todos lindos, e para a tua prima eu desejo as maiores felicidades.
Isabel