Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Portugirl


My husband is from Portugal, and I lived there for eight years. While I was there I caught the bug for international soccer and the Portuguese national team. About a month before we moved to the States, Portugal hosted the Euro Cup. Filipe wasn't working much anymore, and so for three weeks our whole lives revolved around watching futebol, hanging out with fans from all over Europe and partying with each victory. It was an amazing experience and a wonderful last good bye to the country we loved before we moved.

Hanging out with the Portuguese fans before a game


Meeting some fans from Spain.



Well, it is that time again. I can't believe it has already been four years! We made sure to get all the right channels so we can watch the games live, and made mini Portugal shirts for the kiddos. We had a party for some of our family and cheered Portugal on as they started the tournament by winning their first game! For the next three weeks we will live and breathe soccer and bleed red and green. Viva Portugal!!!
Two little Portu-girls.
Celebrating as a family
The three cutest Portugal fans ever!

13 comments:

meredith said...

so fun! i love the pix of your newest fan--she's so cute:)

Kelly T said...

That pic of all three kiddos is PRECIOUS.

Kim said...

The kids sure do look cute all decked out! Great pictures and tradition!

veggiemom said...

Super fun!!! (Hope you can fit in a short break to bring Shiloh to the Queen on Tuesday.)
Kerri and Ruby

Jess said...

I LOVE IT! Cute cute cute!! I can't wait till we come in June and can see all the babies together!

Drew said...

hahah! SO CUTE! haha her and mal look like they have no clue what is goin on!

jajbs said...

PRECIOUS!!! I love the post title!!!

check my blog... I have 'tagged' ya!!

amanda

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

So cute!!! I love it!!!!!!!

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

These have got to be the cutest pics EVER! I'm so glad we get to keep up with your family through the blog.

Thanks for sharing. We had a great time today getting to know your precious little girl. Hope to see you guys more in the future.

Kelly

Heidi said...

ok, that is just awesome!!!

Kristin said...

So, so cute!!! She's the perfect little fan! What fun memories you are making for her!! I am so thankful she is home for the games!

Hugs!
Kristin

Dena said...

PRECIOUS! what a fun weekend!

Melissa said...

What a fun tradition for your family!