Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Doughgirl

So today I decided to make some bread for the first time since Shiloh came home. I thought it would be fun to involve her in the process, so when I was adding the flour I put some on her highchair tray. She seemed to like playing with it, but mostly she just ate it - yumm. Then I added some water to one of the side compartments and showed her how she could "draw" in the flour with the water. She was pretty excited about that for a minute, and then again moved to eating it - again, yummy. While I was kneeding and shaping the dough, I gave her her own little blob which she promptly ate, of course. In the end this is what she looked like:



She was caked head to toe in flour crust. Even after cleaning her up I am still finding it in her hair.





In the end, the bread turned out great. Gotta love the smell of fresh baking bread! Shiloh seemed to think it was a success.





My grandma came to town this past weekend to meet Shiloh and Malak. She is the cutest ever! It was so fun being with her and so special to see her playing with Shiloh! I love you grandma!

16 comments:

jajbs said...

What FUN! For some reason, Bella will not eat bread. How cute is that picture of your grandma bending down and playing with Shiloh?! Jenn, she is truly gorgeous!!

amanda

Hannah said...

Shiloh is beautiful. I am jealous of your bread. I love to bake and am pretty good at it but my bread never turns out like that! Actually my bread never turns out period!

Hannah

Jocelyn said...

Looks like you had a great time making bread....now I want to eat some...looks yummy!!!

Drew said...

I'm so glad she got to see her and that you got to get those pictures with her and shishi. those will be very important one day.

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

That bread looks awesome! I love to bake, but have never attempted bread. I'll have to try that - Sierra would love to help!

I know redundant, but she is precious! Do you ever stop and wonder what you and Filipe did before you had her? :)

KB

Sparkz said...

Oh she is C U T E! I found your blog on Tara's and thought I would check it out.

Heidi said...

Great pics! Your grandma looks so fun. And that bread...my stomach is grumbling.

Melissa said...

That bread looks great! Shiloh is adorable!

Kim said...

Awww, now, how do you know bread dough doesn't taste good? Maybe Shiloh is on to something? Looks like you have a good helper on your hands!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is just a doll!!!!

meredith said...

yummy! that bread looks awesome. shiloh's getting so big, and as always, is so adorable:)

Steph said...

WHat great fun!! Aren't these the moments that you have been waiting so long for?!?!?! What joy!!

Courtney said...

What a great helper. Courtney

Anonymous said...

What a great mommy you are. I have a picture of you that looks just llike the one you took of Shi Shi. You are encouraging creativity, and look how great you turned out.

Sweet Tita
Mom

Robyn said...

Too cute!!

Robyn

Diana said...

Great pictures Jen! Can´t wait to see you guys and meet our precious niece Shiloh.
Love you,
Neves