Monday, September 17, 2007

Trusting




I just bought our tickets and we are 3 weeks away from seeing Shiloh for the first time! I am so excited! I know it is going to come so quickly!

This summer has really been an emotional roller coaster and such a beautiful time of growth for me! Our church takes a time of rest during the summer when our groups slowdown and the focus is to focus on God. When the summer hit, I was really not in that place. I was an emotional wreck from the whole adoption and really didn't feel myself focused on growing closer to God in this season, but I guess God had other things in mind. I feel like all summer long He has been reaching out to me, comforting me, and speaking to me. The whole focus and idea has been about knowing His power and authority over everything and really trusting and hoping in Him.

When it comes down to it, that is the only thing that brings me peace in this time of waiting. There are times when I want to take control over everything or make it all work to the "time line" that I have in my head, but the truth is that I have no control over any of it, and that the only thing that I can do is trust and hope in God. It is the only thing that really brings me peace in this process, otherwise I am sure I would have gone out of my mind by now.

I have been reading in Psalm, and every scripture that I have come across lately talks about trusting and hoping in God.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:11-12

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame," Psalm 25: 1-3

"I will say of the Lord,'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" Psalm 91:2

I am just really learning even more to trust God and know that He knows what's best and that He is good and wants good things for us!

I don't know if any of you relate to any of this, but I thought I would share where I am at and what has been encouraging me and keeping me sane.

12 comments:

Kim said...

good scriptures to meditate on. thanks for sharing. i am so excited for your trip to see shiloh, it will be here before you know it.

jajbs said...

so excited for you to see her! I can so relate to the trustin g and wanting to take control. learn it early in the process-- advice i should have heeded! praying for you as you prepare for your trip. let me know if you have any questions. i will send you my friend's e-mail so you can see if you will be there together!


amanda

Stacie said...

I have actually been reading through those same verses in the past week. God has just gripped me by the heart and opened my eyes to SO MUCH through our adoption. Learning to let go and trust him COMPLETELY has been one of the biggest lessons. I PRAISE HIM for revealing himself to me in so many new ways!

I am so EXCITED about you guys visiting Shiloh! I can't wait to see you together!!

Stacie

Drew said...

I am so excited for you and I can't wait to be the first one to see her on skype!

This summer has been crazy hard for you guys but it has been cool to see how much you have grown and how much we have grown with you durring this process. I feel like we became a stronger family this summer, you know?

Love you and miss you sis!

Melissa said...

I so understand what you are saying about wanting to take control and run things according to my timeline. One of the biggest lessons in international adoption has to be that we do not have control. We simply have to rest, trust, and believe.

Tara said...

BFF.

Rose said...

I know how excited you are to meet your sweet baby girl! There is nothing like it! Have a great time.
Rose
BTW:she's adorable!

Tasha Kent said...

I hope the next 2 weeks fly by! Godspeed!

Courtney said...

how exciting you got your plane tickets.... hope to meet you in Guatemala, Courtney

tara said...

jennifer! answer your phone!

Drew said...

Only 17 more days!

Jennifer, answer your phone!

Whitney said...

You've hit single digits!!! So soon will she be in your arms!! Praying your case is progressing!