Monday, November 19, 2007

New Pictures

We got new pictures! They are a cheesy Halloween theme, but she still looks so adorable! I miss her so much! I have been so down over the last month, but I am really working on letting it all go and chilling out about it all, but it is really hard. I'll be totally cool and fine one minute and then the next totally bummed out. We had a good sermon at church yesterday about not worrying. One of the things he was talking about was seeking first the Kingdom and letting God worry about the rest. It kind of hit home for me. I feel like God has worked on me and drawn me closer to Him in so many ways through this whole process, but I feel like I haven't been seeking His will and His Kingdom first, I have been seeking after this adoption first through Him. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Basically I have grown a lot closer to God but a lot of my prayer life and focus in reading the bible etc. is all so focused on Shiloh coming home, when she's coming home, what is happening in the process. I guess it is time to grow a little bit more and make my focus God and what he wants to do through me and in me and release the rest of it into His hand for Him to take care of (since that is what is going to happen anyway) and not worry about it. It's hard and still so emotional for me, but I do feel a little less of a burden than I have been feeling over the last month. Anyway, that's my thought and feeling for the day. I'm sure it will be different tomorrow.

Now on to the pictures...

15 comments:

Drew said...

yeeeah! first comment! first comment!...again!

she is so cute!!!!!! i cant believe i love her so much!

veggiemom said...

What a cutie!
Kerri and Ruby

meredith said...

that's the cutest little pumpkin i've ever seen! you have the best attitude, and you are doing great in your wait for shiloh. seriously, you're my new role model!

Melissa said...

She is such a cute little pumpkin!

Kaydub said...

Bren & I are praying for a really cute Christmas present! 'Praying hard!

Jonathan Towell said...

Cute girl! I'll be praying for her and you guys on Wednesday.

Courtney said...

she is so precious. i love the pictures. she is one lucky girl. courtney

jajbs said...

She is SO cute!!! i know how you are feeling... it is SO hard to leave it in His hands and focus on Him, instead of the process moving at our pace. I have been thinking about you alot lately and praying for you. I wanted to call you, but, again, lost your number. E-mail it to me or call me.

Hang in there... prayers are going up for you daily!

love ya,
amanda

meredith said...

i know this is my 2nd comment, but i wanted you to know i'm praying for you all and shiloh every day, and i'll be joining all your friends and family for prayer on wednesday. much love!

Anonymous said...

Hi cousins! We will definetetly be with you in fasting and prayer on wednesday. We want her in your arms so badly!
Love,
Lauren

Kaydub said...

Beautiful and precious! Kev and i will be joining you all in prayer tomorrow (the 21st). May the God of great mercies and infinite power bring Shiloh by Christmas.

Brenda

TREY MORGAN said...

Just want you guys to know I'm praying about things with little Shiloh.

Hang in there... you guys look great together as a family!!! :)

aubreyannie said...

squeee! such cute halloween pics. she is a doll. and way to focus on your own spiritual growth, you are awesome. happy thanksgiving!

Krystal said...

Your baby girl is adorable! I was just clicking around on blogs, and that Halloween background caught my eye, since we have the same one this month :)

Jocelyn said...

She is so sweet in her pumpkin outfit! I'll be thinking about you guys all day tomorrow!