Monday, November 12, 2007

Our posh little girl

*Update below*
Many people are rushing to get their hair as stylish at Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham's new hair cut. They are spending millions at salons and on hair products. Fortunately for Shiloh, she is naturally posh. No hairstylist needed for this styling girl's hair. See the evidence for yourself...

On a more serious note, we are supposed to be getting a new update some time this week. I am getting so nervous! I am hoping and praying that we will see some progress. I am praying for that miracle that our process will have moved farther than we could have thought possible, but I am also nervous and aware that we could once again get the same update we have been getting since August: that we are still waiting for the social worker to schedule an interview with the birth mother. I am in such turmoil. One minute I will be at peace about it, the next I will be stressed out. One minute I will be full of hope, and the next I will be "trying to be realistic" which is really another way of saying looking at the bad side of things. Please be praying for us! Pray that we will see some light at the end of this tunnel instead of the constant black hole we have been stuck in for the last few months! I'll keep you all posted once we find out.

*Update- Well, I got our update today. The social worker did the birth mother interview on the 9th. Now she needs to visit Shiloh and do the homestudy for her. This still isn't scheduled. I know that I should be happy that we finally have a social worker that is doing something, but instead I am just disappointed. I feel like the smallest amount of progress that could have been made is what happened. Like instead of even making a whole step forward in 4 weeks, we made a 1/4 step. I should be happy that any progress was made at all, since nothing has happened since August, but I was just hoping for a little bit more. I am just so tired of this wasteland that is Family Court, and this isn't even supposed to be the hard part. If this is what family court looks like for us I am afraid to see what PGN will be like. I am just so so tired with no end in sight. Sorry if this is such a downer, I am just really really bummed right now. Please keep us and Shiloh in your prayers.

12 comments:

Drew said...

She is so fashion! First Zoolander, now Posh! So diverse!

Janice said...

Jennifer... although you don't know me, I'm anxiously following your journey and praying that your beautiful little girl comes to her forever home SOON....

Continue to keep your beautiful family in thoughts and prayers....

janice

LouLou said...

Posh has NOTHING on Shiloh!!!! Praying for good news for you guys!

Kristin said...

Shiloh is just GORGEOUS...way prettier than Victoria Beckham!!! ;)

We're praying you get news about getting out of family court SOON. And, I must have misread a post! I thought you were getting another little one!! So sorry...!

Love and hugs,
Kristin

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

She is definitely a stylish little girl!!! Sooo adorable!!!

Things will pick up and start to move along just have faith. Continuing to send prayers your way.

Sharon

jajbs said...

Oh, Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear this... and I am sorry I left you out last night... Bella was trying to type with me and I was hurried... still, NO excuse, but I am sorry.

I know the frustration you are feeling, being a client of hers, too. I am here if you need to talk. I am praying for you daily. Hang in there.

amanda

meredith said...

such a little fashionista!!!

i'm sorry you're in that black hole of adoption that seems to swallow us all at one time or another. the only thing that ever got me through was remembering that every day is one day closer. i'm praying for your family every day, and i know God is working to bring your baby home.

Courtney said...

She is breathtaking... I love her new do... too cute. Courtney

Melissa said...

Praying for you and for Shiloh every day!

Whitney said...

She is amazing...hang in there! Praying for you all!

rgarrett said...

Jen,

I am so sorry for your heartbreak, God is faithful...he wants you to have the desires of your heart, I will pray for you daily. I love you, so wish I could give you a hug!

Love you,
Becca

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Jennifer,

I am so sorry that things are so difficult. The waiting is what is so hard! Don't you wish you could just go and live with Shiloh until the adoption is finalized...I want that every day for Eliana. By the way, she gets more and more beautiful...and her hair made me laugh out loud!!! She is the cutest thing ever. Where in Oklahoma do ya'll live?? My husband and family is from OKC and Tulsa! I'm praying for ya'll and your sweet girl!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com