Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homecoming

Ok, I am finally getting the chance to post our homecoming pictures. This girl keeps me busy! These are all pictures my friend Megan took for us (thanks Megan! They're great!). Our flight from Guatemala to Atlanta went really well. As soon as we got onto the plane, Shiloh got so excited an super hyper, bouncing all over the place. It was so fun to see, but exausting. The flight went pretty quickly. We took forever to get through immagration and then caught our flight home to Oklahoma. By this time it was late and we were all exausted! Shiloh started fussing and crying as soon as we got on the plane. The only thing that kept her quiet and semi happy were the Gerber puffs. The flight, although it was less than 2 hours, felt like forever! Shiloh finally fell asleep right as we were touching down. We were then stuck on the plane for about 30 minutes because we were early and they didn't have a ramp ready for us. Finally, we got off and went to meet everyone waiting for us. There were about 30-40 friends and family all waiting, holding pink balloons. It was such a sweet sight. Shiloh was asleep at first, but woke up when we passed her to my mom. I was expecting her to be fussy, especially because it was so late, but she happily was passed around and took it all in stride.


Everyone waiting for us



Here we come

Meeting most of the family (I didn't get any pics with Kim, Andre, Jenna or Tara if anyone out there has any.)



I can't believe it has already been a week that we have been home! I have to admit, I feel like I am living a different life, like there was my adopting life and now my baby life. I am so thankful she is home with us that it brings tears to my eyes. I am praying hard for all of you who are still waiting for your babies to come home!!!

19 comments:

Kristi said...

WHAT A FABULOUS BUNCH OF PICS!! So happy Shiloh is home......here's to a happily ever after!!!

Much love -
Bamagirl

veggiemom said...

Oh, you made me cry! Love the great pics and can't wait to meet that sweet girl in the flesh.
Kerri and Ruby

Kim said...

Love the pictures! I have tears in my eyes! I can't wait for that to be us bringing Kate home!

Lisa said...

Jenn, it makes me cry to look at this pictures. Its just so amazing that your waiting is finally over. Rolo and I are super happy for you and so glad you are through that mess. And what a blessing that you and Tara get your babies at the same time! Your parents must be on grandbaby overload! Congratulations!

Jocelyn said...

I just got all teary reading this! I am so happy you are home! I know what you mean about the adopting life and the baby life! When do we get to meet Shiloh????

rgarrett said...

PRECIOUS! You all brought tears to my eyes. It was so great to see all your family together. She is a beautiful addition! My heart is smiling. Love you guys!

Becca

jajbs said...

Ok, I am crying, too! These are great pics. Isn't amazing how different everything feels once you have her home. I LOVE the new header picture on the blog.

How is she sleeping? Give me a call when you get a free moment.

amanda

Anonymous said...

Oh...major tear falling going on here! She's gorgeous! Wishing you a happily ever after...and maybe a son?

Diana said...

Que boa recepção!!! Ela é tão bonitinha.É uma vida completamente diferente a de ser Mãe!!! Deus vos abençoe nesta jornada!
Abraços

vobeunanet said...

Emocionada e ciumenta em tao calorosa recepçao, mas a minha alma esteve e esta com a Shiloh, desde o primeiro minuto. Voces merecem e ela tambem. Que Dues vos abençoe e içlumine o vosso caminho.
Beijinhos
VoBeu e VoGy

meredith said...

tears! i'm so happy your family is together. she's so precious, and i can't wait to meet her.

p.s. the airport scene totally made me remember picking up my jack--so special w/friends and fam!

Marcie said...

Wiping away the tears. Shiloh is so precious!

arwen said...

What a lucky little girl to be loved into such a warm family :)

Timbra said...

we are super excited for you and i love these photos. . and that you have her with you so we can see her more often!!! you've got to update the blog blurb because this blog is NO LONGER the story of your WAIT to be reunited. . you are there now :)

Steph said...

What AWESOME pics and an INCREDIBLE homecoming!!!! This post brought tears to my eyes!!

aubreyannie said...

oh, jenn! this post and all these pictures brought tears to my eyes. i am so happy for you guys and to see the love and support that you got from so many people upon your arrival! hooray!!

and thank you for your thank you note..i'm glad you got everything fine! congratulations!

Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What an AMAZING FEELING it must be to have her home!!!! We are so happy your journey is JUST BEGINNING!!!!

Love and hugs,
Kristin and Madalyn

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Those are great pictures!!! She is just beautiful!! What a wonderful homecoming!!

Sharon

Sean, Misty, Grey and Ella said...

awww.... she is so sweet Jennifer! i'm so happy for you! ~misty