Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Please pray for us!

I know a lot of you in the adoption world heard about the fight at PGN last week. For those of you who don't, here is how our agency told us what is going on,

"PGN had summoned an underage birth mother and her parents for an interview. This birth mother had already relinquished the child as her parents said that they were unable to support her and a baby. PGN separated the birth mother from her parents and kept her in the "psychological section" of the PGN in an attempt to "change the birth mother's mind about her relinquishment". Her parents were extremely upset that they were detained in another part of the facility.

Susana (our lawyer) was summoned by the foster mother of the baby. When she arrived there was an attempt to detain her by locking her in a room along with the parents of the birth mother.

Unable to summon help, they broke down the door to the room and in an attempt to leave the building (which was locked) Susana kicked a door which broke the glass and severed 2 arteries and her Achilles tendon. It is fortunate that she did not bleed out but she was transported to Centro Medical where repairs were made to the leg.

As of yesterday, Susana remained hospitalized and on morphine. She is due to be released today but faces 2 months of immobilization due to the severed tendon, not to mention months of rehabilitation. Barring unforeseen medical complications, there is a favorable medical prognosis. Only time will tell!"

I know that she is planning on continuing her cases and has already hired a driver to drive her around.
Unfortunately, the latest update on our case is that it still hasn't moved, and unknown to me (I thought we were almost out of Family Court) we are still waiting for the social worker to schedule an interview with the birth mom. We have been in Family court since around Aug 16th and they have just been sitting on in and there is nothing we can do but wait. Many people in the court and PGN are trying to hold up Susana's cases. She is going to file a petition today to have the court change social workers for our case.

So my family and I are devoting today to pray for our case, for Shiloh's protection and for her to come home quickly. I know that God can move mountains and that He is bigger than all of this! I know that He can work and move to bring her home quickly and safely! Please join with us today in praying for Shiloh and our case, for Susana's quick recovery, and that the courts and PGN will stop holding things up and start moving these cases through! Please be praying that we get a new social worker quickly who is pro adoption and who will schedule the birthmother interview as quickly as possible!

Thank you so much!

14 comments:

Filipe said...

Lord, let Shiloh come home for Christmas! Pour out your Spirit, favor, and blessing on everyone involved in this. Amen!

Courtney said...

I will be thinking and praying for you guys. I want you to have Shiloh home soon. Hang in there. Courtney

Melissa said...

Thank you for letting us know where things stand with Shiloh's adoption. I will be praying for you and Shiloh!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I will be praying that things move along the way they should and Shiloh is home forever very soon. I am so sorry for what happened to Susana and I am praying for her quick recovery.
Hang in there!!
Sharon

Jow's Butterfly said...

She is so beautiful! I can see why you are so smitten! You guys are in our prayers always! We pray for God to speed her to you! Love you!
Deborah

jajbs said...

I am praying for you and I will see waht I can find out while I am down there. Hang in there!



amanda

Kristin said...

We WILL be praying for you guys and your gorgeous daughter. We know we serve a BIG God and He will work together ALL things for His glory. Know that you are not alone in this spiritual battle....

It is so great to see the pictures of you two with Shiloh. The joy of the Lord is all over your faces!!!! All praises be to Him!

Love and hugs,
Kristin

Shannon said...

We are lifting all 3 of you up in prayer daily!!!

God, please grant them the peace that passes all understanding...

PS-You guys took some AWESOME pics in Guat! I love your new profile pic!! TOO CUTE!

Amanda said...

I am praying for you guys!!! It all sounds familiar to my brother and sister-in-law's case last year!!!

Lord, Please give your peace in this situation. Keep this sweet family in your tender embrace.
AMEN!

Amanda Mohr

Kim said...

i love that you paired "please pray for us" with this picture.... perfection. you know that i am always praying for you all. today when i was grocery shopping and i was picking up some banana's i said a little prayer for shiloh and her new social worker. by the way, shiloh doesn't remind me of a banana or anything, but the bananas are always from guatamala.

Katie said...

I just got to your blog through Amanda Mohr's, I'm her SIL. We just brought Eliot home a few months ago, I don't know if she shared the story with you or not. I would love to chat with you about your case. She's beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

I wanted to stop by and say it was nice to meet you at Tara's shower tonight. Your little girl is so beautiful. I will pray that she comes home very soon to her forever family! I will definitely start to watch your blog so I can see updates!!

aubreyannie said...

all three of you are in our prayers daily! hang in there!

Sig said...

Just wanted to send you hugs, I am so sorry about Susana and that your case seems to be standing still. Keep the faith, it WILL happen.
Shiloh is absolutely beautiful.

Sig
www.wayhomeforana.blogspot.com