Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I've been tagged

Well, we are back from L.A. and getting ready to go to Guatemala. It's kind of crazy only having one week in between the two, but it also makes time go by fast. I am so excited to see Shiloh and God has really given me a lot of peace about all the trouble that is going on over there. I have really been praying a lot about it. My brother tagged me a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'll use this time to do that.

Here are the rules: (1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

OK, so here are my things...

1) I have this thing where I believe I can make and/or fix anything. But seriously, I really do believe it. When I was a teenager, our VCR broke, so rather than having my parents call someone to fix it or buy a new one, my dad took me to the library and we got a book on fixing VCR... and we fixed it! More recently, when we were moving a couch out of Shiloh's room into the office, it wouldn't fit through the door. It was about 3 inches too big. We were going to recover it anyway, so I decided to take the arm off the couch, move it into the office, put it back together and then recover it. Everyone thought I was crazy (and still make fun of me for it). But it worked and I did it. Seriously I can do anything.

2) I scar really really easily. Unfortunately I am also the worlds biggest klutz, so I have all kinds of little scars from cuts and burns all over myself.

3) I would love to live in London at Christmas time. I don't know why, it just sounds so wonderful, romantic and christmasy and I have to say that my ideal movie to watch at Christmas time is a romantic comedy set in London during Christmas.


4) I love to read fiction. I could read all day long. In fact, I usually have to take breaks after finishing a book before I start a new one because other wise that's all I want to do and I won't do all the other things that need to be done like make dinner. I have always been this way. When I was a kid I used to miss the school bus because I would be reading a book.

5) This obsession with reading also gives me the desire to write a book. I really want to write a book and feel like I would do good at it. Unfortunately my biggest problem in accomplishing this is a lack of ideas. So if anyone out there has a good idea for a book, but doesn't feel like you can write maybe we can hook up and make a great team.

6) My family is really important to me and I really want to raise my children near them. Unfortunately I have a feeling that everyone is going to move away from us in the next couple of years. It has already begun (thats right Andrew, thanks for ruining my dream.)

7) I don't think of myself as a very funny person, however I do love to laugh at other people who are funny. And I do love to be around people who make me feel like I'm a funny person.

8) I hate horror movies. I don't like being scared or having bad dreams. I really don't get why people like that feeling so much.

OK, so there it is. Sorry if it isn't very interesting. It was a lot harder coming up with 8 things than I thought it would be. Now I tag Courtney, Melissa, Shannon, Diana and Megan. My next blog will probably be from Guatemala! Let me know if any of you have any last minute suggestions of things to bring with me or places to go see!

10 comments:

Kim said...

well at least i didn't know part of your number 1. i guess i just know you too well. i think you should try to come up with another 7 that even i do not know, what do you say? no, ok, i understand.

Drew said...

HAHAHA! Jen, you are SO funny! I will never forget that fateful day when you fixed our 19 year old VCR...

aubrey said...

this was so fun to read. remember how you were going to write a movie script? and i love your laugh. even though i haven't seen you for so long i can still remember the sound of your laugh. oh, and ditto on the horror movies. i haaate them. i can't even watch just plain old scary movies.

Tara said...

Me and you Jenn...we are funny. Oh the days at NPC...dancing, hiding, skiing, singing, hiding, not working and hiding...fun times.

Drew said...

tara! do NOT leave me out of the NPC days as if I have never existed to you!

Tara said...

Who is this Drew anyway? Do I even know you??




Heehee. Dont't hate me Drewsky.

Amy said...

Can't wait to see pictures of you three together! Have so much fun in Guatemala!

Umm.you speak of family members moving away in the next couple of years..Does this include Eric and Tara? Please say it isn't so.

Eric S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

I am so glad that you read and saw that we got our CIS approval!! I was wanting to call you so badly but obviously that is tricky since you are in Guata! How is it going there?? Keep us in the loop and I think I will download Skype now. Love you, have a fun time with Sheeshee!

rgarrett said...

I loved this tagged thing! You are so my same friend! I miss you so much!

Love,
Becca

P.S. I think you are Hilarious & you are one of my most favorite people to laugh with!