Monday, October 8, 2007

We got her!!!

We have her in our arms at last! We went this morning at about 10:30 to the orphanage to pick her up and have been loving every minute of it! She has been so good and such a snuggle bug! She loves to be held all the time! We got back to the hotel and laid her down to change her diaper. She started crying as soon as we put her down, so I picked her up and rocked her, and she was asleep in two seconds. She only slept for about 15 minutes (I think Filipe taking a ton of pictures may have had something to do with it). She was a little fussy during the morning and only wanted to be held really close while we walked around. We got the chance to talk to my brother Andrew and Filipe's sister and brother in law, Diana and Ricardo with the web cams over the internet. It was exciting to be able to show her to other people in our family even though they can't be here. After that she fell asleep again, but the second I would try to lay her down she would wake up and cry. The second I would pick her up again she would be fast asleep all over again. In the evening we webcamed grandma (my mom) and headed downstairs to the restaurant for dinner. She was asleep before we even sat down and I was really worried that we would have to hold her all night to keep her asleep, but we laid her down in the pack n play and she is doing great and is fast asleep. So that was the long version of our day. I'll try not to go into so much detail next time. I don't know how we are going to give her back on Friday! It makes me emotional just thinking about it and makes me that much more anxious for our process to move quickly! Please be praying for us that things will be moving quickly and that our next update will have good news about our progress!







She already has her dad wrapped around her finger

Cutie Patootie in her pj's, but not so happy to be set down

16 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! She is such an amazingly beautiful baby! Seriously...she is so precious.

Father God,
Please help speed up the process for little Shiloh's adoption. Bring her home to her Mommy and Daddy as soon as possible. Keep her safe and protected until she comes home. Help Jen and Filipe to feel your peace through the rest of this process. Please be quick at answering our prayers. Thank you for how much you love baby Shiloh.
Amen

aubrey said...

oh my gosh she is so gorgeous. she looks so sweet and you both are smiling so big! i'm so happy for you guys! i hope the process speeds along!

jajbs said...

she is beautiful! Bella did the same thing each time we visited. i think it is because they are not held very often due to the number of children and the smaller number of nannies. enjoy every minute... i held Bella almost the whole time... you can sleep when you get home! :)

i will be praying for you on fri. i know how difficult it is, but God will sustain you until He puts her in your arms for good. have fun and love her ALL up!!

amanda

Melissa said...

What a precious little honey!

Enjoy every possible moment with her even if all those moments involve holding her!

I am praying for you and that things will really start moving in Shiloh's adoption. She needs to be home with her Mommy and Daddy!

Tara said...

Teehee! She is the most precious thing I have ever seen...between her and Silas, I don't think Malak can even be as cute! Even when Er looks at her pics he just starts laughing and saying that she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen! (and thats coming from Eric!)
I am so glad you guys decided to go visit her, what a precious gift! We can't wait for you to get home so we can hear all about her and all your stories!
P.S. Maybe you should skype with your old BFF for once in your lifetime...crazy thought.

Anonymous said...

Guys she is the cuttest thing I've ever seen! I installed skype, when can we talk?

Shannon said...

Oh, you all look so happy!!! She is just adorable!!!

Don't think another thing about Friday until Friday!!! Enjoy every cuddly moment with you girl!!!

Drew said...

I am so glad i got to talk to shi last night! I love her so much and she is so cute!

Kim said...

oh my!! i don't even have words to describe how wonderful she is. i can't wait to see more pics and to talk to her.

we are praying for you morning, noon, and night. even jenna is praying, her prayer pretty much consists of some jibberish then, "shi shi amen." she has been kissing all of shiloh's new pics. we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I don't think I've ever seen you guys smile like that before, but how could you not. Nik and I continue to pray for you all.

Stacie said...

You are guys look so happy! It makes my heart leap to see you all together. She is such a doll! Enjoy every second you have together!

Praying Shiloh home...
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Can we talk on skype tomorrow at 8:30 instead of 9am???? email us so we know one way or the other.

Anonymous said...

I love my baby so so much. I just could not stop looking at her today. I passed the blog to the family so they can see her pictures. I love the one where she is sleeping. She is an angel from heaven. You will get through the separation, because now you know what is coming. I love you guys and my shishi too. praying for you.

Unknown said...

oh my! So cute! My heart is so happy for you two!

Amy said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous...She is sweet stuff and you are a sweet FAMILY!

Whitney said...

What a cutie! Praying you are headed back to pick her up soon!