Monday, October 15, 2007

We're home


Well, we're home. We are missing our little girl so much! It is amazing how spending five days with someone could change our life so much and how we could miss her so much even though we were only with her for such a short time! Coming home, our house feels emptier, like something is missing, even though she has never been here. But in spite of all of this, God has given us an amazing peace about it and a hope to look forward. That each day we are away from her right now means we are one day closer to being with her forever and that He is working and moving to bring her home! Our time with her was so amazing and so special! I am so thankful that we were able to go and meet her!

We took so many pictures! I think it was like 1500 (we are having trouble fitting them all onto 2 DVD's!) So I have decided that I will just slowly share them with you guys over the weeks to come since there are too many to put them all into one or two posts.

The hotel we stayed at was very family friendly. I think the only people staying there were families either visiting their children or picking them up. We all sat in the sitting areas and talked. We would rock our babies to sleep in the halls and leave the doors to our rooms open during the days. it was great to be surrounded by people going through the same experience as we were. On the last day we took some pictures with a few of the babies. They are a little hard to see, but you should be able to click on them to see the bigger view.



I'll be posting more pictures later, but right now my husband is home sick (I think he got "The Bug") and we are trying to get DVD's and pictures out to different family members who don't live here.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I like the pic of Shiloh on the right- she has a look on her face like, "uuuh, do I really have to do this??" Cutie patootie.

Kaydub said...

Shiloh is so beautiful and precious. Praying you all 3 are together again sooo soon!

Brenda

aubrey said...

bummer. sorry that filipe is sick. and sorry that you have to be home without shiloh. things will work out! you know it!

Drew said...

I like when you guys pose little baby shiloh on the top of a bar...so precious.

I also love her little fat legs in the picture of them on the couch!

Sig said...

Shiloh is precious. Huge hugs to you, I remember all too well how hard it was to leave my baby :(

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Glad you are home safe. It won't be long and you will be with Shiloh forever.

Where did you stay?